Get involved in your community, make a difference to an older person’s life and have fun getting to know a new friend.
There are many opportunities to volunteer with Friends of the Elderly, depending on the amount of time you can commit to and the type of volunteering you are interested in. Our mission is to bring friendship and companionship to lonely and isolated older people so if you would like to meet new older friends you can volunteer as a Visiting Volunteer or at one of our social events.
Opportunities also exist for volunteers to share their skills, talents and expertise with our organisation in other areas – marketing, social media, filming, office work and fundraising.
Our future depends on continual and increased involvement of dedicated volunteers. Whether you are available for a few hours a week, a month or a year, you can make a difference!
Types of Volunteer Opportunities at Friends of the Elderly.
- Visiting Volunteer: Visit an older friend for 1/2 hours once a week.
- Social Club Volunteer: Volunteer at our social club for 2 hours per week. All clubs take place at 25 Bolton Street, Dublin 1.
- Friendly Call Volunteer: Volunteer on our Friendly Call line for 2 hours per week. Based in 25 Bolton Street, Dublin 1.
- Social Events/Day Trips: Volunteer occasionally and help out at one of our events or day trips.
- Friendly Helper: Be an “on-call volunteer” to help with urgent members needs, going to hospital or taking them shopping.
- Charity Shop: Volunteer 3 hours per week in our Charity shop Ritzy Rags based at 25 Bolton Street, Dublin 1.
- Office Volunteer: Need a flexible volunteer role, help us in the office or fundraising
- Christmas Celebrations: Volunteer at our Christmas parties, if you are free an afternoon in December.
- Drivers: Transport is a big problem for some older people, you could help bring older members to events or parties. Must hold a valid driver’s license, NCT & insurance.
- Group Volunteering: Groups/work colleagues looking for a time-limited community project. Help an older person transform their garden, give them a party, lets share ideas?
We are constantly looking for new volunteer opportunities to bring friendship and companionship to our older friends and the roles available may vary from those listed above.